Team Scott

10:02 AM


Joseph and I drove over 30 hours this weekend to attend the memorial of our friend Scott. Since March of 2014 he had battled brain cancer, truly battled it and last Tuesday he passed away.
*Pic stolen from Facebook*
Saturday we had the distinct pleasure of working out with Hill Country Crossfit, the box Scott called home in Texas. It was a really hard work out and every time I thought it was too much (mostly during the burpees), I would just remind myself that this one workout was nothing compared to what Scott went through and I kept on. It was during the second half of the mile run at the end, when I ran into Joseph that I almost lost it. A mile, when you’re not a runner, is a lot of time to think. I think Joseph could tell something was wrong when I buried myself into his gross and sweaty shirt. It was really amazing to see how many people showed up to do “Serene” in memory of Scott.
 

*Pic also stolen from facebook*
 
The real reason we had come to Texas though, was to attend the memorial. Which was as amazing as a memorial could be. Scott was so truly loved, as evident by the words people shared about him at the memorial. The biggest take away was that Scott loved his wife, and adored his children… I’m not sure there is a better legacy to leave behind than the fact that you loved and appreciated your family. It was bittersweet and beautiful to attend and hear such wonderful sentiments. Joseph, I know, has had a hard time figuring out how to express himself with Scott’s passing and he got an opportunity to just share what Scott meant to him. But he forgot a few things, mainly being how much he appreciated that Scott was someone he could go to and they could talk about how much they loved their wives together. I know I’m biased, but, I think that is wonderful.

So…

Hours spent in car 30+
Fast food meals eaten 7
Gas Tank FIll Ups 8+
Nights in Hotel 2

Meeting John  “Masshole” Massie, The HCCfit Fam and getting to see Tracy and the 4C's… Priceless

That trip was mentally, physically and emotionally exhausting and neither Joseph nor I would trade it for anything. It was such a small hardship to get to honor and remember our friend.

Scott, we love you and we miss you. You were a motivator, an inspiration and a friend.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Like us on Facebook