breakfast

Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats

6:08 PM


You know how the south is well known for their indulgent breakfast foods? Biscuits and sausage gravy, grits, all the meats... Well, unfortunately, as a southern girl, this is all lost on me. To be perfectly frank, unless it’s pure sugary decadence, I’m not a big fan of breakfast foods. I mean, I love bacon, but that’s like the one non sweet breakfast food I like. For a long time, unless it was pancakes, waffles or donuts, I didn’t eat breakfast. Which, means there were a TON of days that I just didn’t eat breakfast. There were also a ton of days where I didn’t even care about not eating breakfast.

Of course, in the past few years, as I’ve taken time to invest in my health, breakfast has made an appearance. But my love for sweet over savory for breakfast hasn’t changed. What HAS changed is that I try to make those sweet breakfasts healthier, sometimes. (And by healthier, I mean, healthier as it relates to me, and my eating goals for some people it may be as far from healthy as they could possibly get, so really, honestly take “healthier” with a grain of salt)


This oatmeal is really versatile. It’s great because you can throw it together the night before and then you just let it meld until the next day when you eat it. It’s a no fuss, filling meal.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
½ cup oatmeal
½ cup 2% milk
1 T Cocoa Powder
Sweetener of your choice, I use 2 packs of Stevia
1 T PB, specifically I’ve been using Jif Whipped Peanut Butter and Chocolate

Mix together all the ingredients except the peanut butter, cover and refrigerate overnight.
When ready to eat, mix in the PB, and then enjoy cold. Alternatively, some people do enjoy eating warm.

296 calories, 10.9g fat, 40.7g carbs, 10.5g protein

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Like us on Facebook