books

The Giant List of Classics to Read

3:30 PM


So a little before the end of 2014 I took a poll from a group of ladies on what they considered must-read classics. Namely because I hadn’t read many classics at all. I created this very long list and have since been plugging away slowly at them. I updated my blog with the list last year and it was fun to see what others had read, or wanted to read, or were planning to read; and a few people offered to read specific books with me, so I thought I would share again. This year I have a goal to read at least one book from this list every month.
Be warned, this is a long list and if I’ve read it, the completed date is in parenthesis.

1984 (1/1/15)
12 Angry Men

A Christmas Carol (12/18/14)
A Clockwork Orange
A Conspiracy of Dunces
A Streetcar Named Desire
A Tale of Two Cities
A Wrinkle in Time
Adventures of Tom Sawyer
Alice in Wonderland
Animal Farm
Anna Karenina
Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
As I Lay Dying
Awakening
Antonia

Beloved
Brave New World
Bridge Called My Back

Cather in the Rye
Cedameron
Color Purple
Count of Monte Cristo
Crime and Punishment
Crucible

Dante’s Inferno
Devil and Tom Walker
Dovekeepers
Dr Zhivargo
Dracula

East of Eden
Emma
Ethan Frome

Fahrenheit 451
Fountainhead
Frankenstein

Gone with the Wind
Grapes of Wrath
Great Gatsby (7/14/15)
Gulliver’s Travels

Handmaid’s Tale
Hours

I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
Importance of Being Earnest

Jane Eyre
Jungle

Little Prince (7/14/15)
Little Women
Lord of the Flies
Hobbit (1/5/15)
Lord of the Rings
Love in the Time of Cholera

Metamorphosis
Mrs. Dalloway

Nectar in a Sieve

Of Mice and Men
On the Road
One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
Outsiders

Pearl
Persuasion
Picture of Dorian Grey (12/18/15)
Pride and Prejudice (12/22/14)

Scarlet Letter (8/18/15)
Secret Garden
Sense and Sensibility
Sherlock Holmes
Siddhartha
Slaughterhouse Five
Sound and Fury
Storm
Story of an Hour
Sun Also Rises

The Epic of Gilgamesh
Their Eyes Were Watching God
To Kill a Mocking Bird (12/21/14)
To the Lighthouse

Uncle Tom’s Cabin

Watership Down
Where the Red Fern Grows
Wuthering Heights (1/25/15)

Anything by Ayn Rand, Flannery O’Connor, Jules Verne, Virginia Woolf

You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE

Like us on Facebook